Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh, Vienna fail

Today I donned my smartest outfit* and went to the Hotel Sacher to eat Sacher-Torte in their fancy cafe, whereupon I fancily ate some cake and then promptly elbowed a waitress in the butt (accidentally).

She was well professional about it, as she was serving the table behind me at the time and didn't break pace in talking to them at all - but it was a solid nudge and just at the right time for it to be plausible to be intentional (she'd just taken my money for the bill, and I did it whilst putting my wallet back in my pocket).

Vienna: you're doing it wrong!

But in good news, my apartment had a cancellation for my third night in Vienna so now I get to stay here instead of moving hostels! Worth losing my 3.50 euro deposit on the other place for? Definitely.

Also, I didn't end up re-buying the shirt that got damaged on its way to me (I took that as a sign) but I did get a Chunk Star Wars shirt, something I've been wanting for a while!

Time for me to attempt being fancy: take two. Booking my tickets for the opera in Prague!

*meaning a jumper

4 comments:

  1. Is the opera you are going to see ... AGRIPPINA!?

    Surprise, I can't remember the name of that opera we once decided was our favourite opera, so I just looked up "list of operas" in Wikipedia and chose one that had a name starting with A. (Turns out there are a few that start with A - not as easy as I thought)


    Zan, H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Zan,

    It wasn't! It was Rusalka, which unfortunately doesn't start with "A" at all and was all about water nymphs. I can't remember what our favourite opera was either, did it definitely start with A?

    Re: shirt getting damaged in the mail, I wish I knew! The packet had been torn by something and then taped up again, but then the shirt itself had a big hole through the middle, smaller holes around the back, and the print had somehow melted around the holes! They let me order another shirt for free, though I had to pay for shipping again.

    Was the "Jungle Drum" video also from you? As that woman clearly has experience singing amidst homemade jungle props maybe we should cast her in our show??
    That video gives me faith that we can definitely pull off the musical numbers in J&R!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rusalka! i love dvorak, song to the moon is my favouritino!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Song to the Moon was some good stuff! I felt like a lot of the music in the opera sounded familiar, but I couldn't work out where from. But I don't think I knew any Dvorak before going and definitely enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete