Friday, November 19, 2010

1664 Forever

Today we went on a tour of the Kronenbourg breweries in Strasbourg.

Was the best part of this:
a) the fact that the tour was in French and I was able to follow along for most of it?
b) the fact that afterwards we got to try a lot of beers for 4.50 euros?
or
c) the cardboard stand-up I discovered in a corner display case.

Correct answer:

It's just so good!


This may in fact be one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Translation of the caption: "I love my wife. She buys Kronenbourg in six-packs."

It's George Lazenby, so does that mean his beer-delivering wife is Diana Rigg?
I just can't get over the astounding awesomeness of this ad. Hooray for the 60s, hooray for Kronenbourg!

2 comments:

  1. I would kill for the Lazenby advert!

    - Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same! We should conduct an elaborate heist to "retrieve" it from the brewery - what if they don't know what they're sitting on? So great!

    ReplyDelete