Monday, November 29, 2010

The sun is shining, but the ice is slippery

In Paris I got very excited when I saw this much snow:

Snowing for real!

But now we're in Dublin and there's this much snow:

Statue in the mega-snow

It's not just snow, it's mega-snow! It's a very exciting time for me. A cold, exciting time.

So far I'm loving Dublin: I've drunk some delicious Guinness, ate beef pie and when "Going Underground" came on in the pub we were in last night I stuck two thumbs up right in Jenny's face.

As it turns out we made a bit of a mix-up with our flights and are flying out of Ireland a day later than we thought. Woops! This unfortunately means we get one day less in the Lake District but on the plus side, one more day of Ireland! No complaints here!

9 comments:

  1. i also laughed out loud at your thumbs up in jenny's face. lord knows she deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i exhaled out loud anyway - "close enough"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you still be my friend if every time I got excited about something I would indeed stick two thumbs up right in your face, even if I had to cross the room to do so?
    "Story of Jenny's life."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nearing the land of Scotland, seems like you've hit the uk and eire at the normal cold times of year, enjoy. Meanwhile for me travelling in WA, namely Leonora, errr dull times, theres is the skimpy though

    Kenneth, kjm_oddball

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kenneth!

    Good to hear Australia is treating you well and you've made it to WA! I wouldn't have thought that Leonora would be a popular visiting spot.... but that's cool that you're seeing some pretty different places! I've definitely been surprised by the November snow in Ireland but it's been good fun (except for trying to travel in it) - though I hear that it's even worse in Scotland.
    Happy travelling!

    Moriarty

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOAH SNOW!!!! :D :D :D

    as we now say: "lovin it catherine!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, enjoy the snow and the Republic of Ireland. Snow is finally coming our way here in southern Ontario tomorrow...

    The first photo looks really cool. Just something about the angle!

    cheers,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magda: I am excited about discovering this new phrase and COMPLETELY MISAPPROPRIATING IT, "twist in the tale" style!

    Matt: Genuinely surprised that the UK got snows before your neck of Canada! I hear it's a pretty rare occurence. One unfortunate side effect of the snow - in the Lake District I was all set to head to a James Bond car museum I'd heard they had there but they'd closed it for the winter. Ah, such a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. moriarty! the hilarious thing is that it's actually a phrase i conceived with my sydney friends, so already everyone here is misappropriating it!

    "twist in the twisted tale"
    "and L.I.C."

    ReplyDelete