Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Danke fur den fisch

Friends and family, Berlin was a cool, cool city. I did a lot of walking around town, spent a whole day on Museum Island, saw some naked people in Tiergarten and ate a lot of currywurst. Currywurst is a truly great invention!
I succesfully stayed up to go out partying Berlin-style on the Friday, where places don't open til 11 and people don't start turning up til about 1-2. I saw a local band who were just like how I imagined Berlin bands to be but didn't think they really were: all side-parts and synthesisers and serious-sounding German vocals.

My hostel was Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy-themed and did actually have a library of Douglas Adams books, a wall of framed Hitchiker's cover variants and the vast majority of furnishings around the hostel done in some kind of space-age style. They also had good beer, and one day I suspect that they may have listened to the Stone Roses all day on repeat because they were playing when I left in the morning and still going when I came back much later in the afternoon. Then they changed to The Coral. Best hostel ever!


In other news, I also have my first inventory item required for Munich:

Winning at life


#computergamesarenotreallife

#actuallymaybetheyare


And also, on my last night in Munich I met up with Matt Smith!

Me and Matt Smith


aka. steed_peel, a longtime livejournal friend! Turns out we were both travelling around Germany at the same time and our paths crossed in Berlin. Small world, good times!

My internet here in Munich is brilliantly fast, so here are my Berlin photos.
Please be prepared for blog posts with even more Gabriel Knight references because I can absolutely guarantee that they're coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment