Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Out of Bruges

Hello from the Netherlands! I'm now in Amsterdam, though there's so much rain and neon lights it feels like I'm in Blade Runner. I am excited to be in Famke Janssen and Q'65 country though also, more noticeably, Paul Verhoeven country.

There's just been some kind of expo here, meaning that on the last two nights accomodation prices were way up in town - so to avoid paying exorbitant prices I threw in two nights of unexpected stops at Luxembourg and Bruges. More on these soon! It turns out stopping places just for one night is interesting, but pretty tiring!

I learnt in a very short space of time that:
a) Paul Weller is playing in the Netherlands while I'm here and
b) "UITVERKOCHT!" means "sold out!"

Then I got some cheap Surinamese food and decided to have an early night, to further sleep off three days of train travel.

4 comments:

  1. Charlie...as I said in my email, when in Amsterdam, don't forget to check out the "cafes" and ask for their "special menu". I tried something called "Sputnik" which lived up to its name!

    Bret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Uncle Bret! I got your e-mail and have sent some words your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ancient wise woman who knew you from your beginnings in Galifrey sends greetings. Is following your travels with great interest. Well done time lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thankyou, mysterious Gallifreyan wise woman!

    ReplyDelete